ALMOND Prunus amygdalus varieties:-
- Brandes Jordan – Sweet and plump. This variety suits hot climates. Matures early February. Soft shelled. Suggested pollinator – Johnston Prolific.
- Mission – is a vigorous upright tree that produces a good crop. Matures end of March. Kernals are plump and attractive suggested pollinator – Fritz.
- Johnston Prolific – a large broad nut which also contains broad kernals. Matures early March. Suits cooler coastal regions. Suggested pollinator – Brandes Jordan.
- Fritz – Strong nuts. Have large plump kernels. Light brown in colour. Has good flavour. Matures in March. Suggested pollinator – Mission.
- Self pollinating – self-fertilise almond which flowers mid season. Tree is upright growing. Nut is large and a papershell. Pollinates other mid season varieties.